What We Beleive
● We believe that the Bible is God's Word and that it is verbally inspired and therefore, without error.
● We believe that there is one true God revealed in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
● We believe in the virgin birth, the sinless life, the atoning death, the bodily resurrection, and the personal return of Jesus Christ.
● We believe in the reality of a literal Heaven where the saved shall live eternally and a literal Hell where the lost shall be forever separated from God.
● We believe that salvation is a gift from God and is available to all who repent of their sin and place their faith in Jesus Christ.
● We believe that the believer is eternally secure in Jesus Christ.
● We believe that the 2 ordinances of the church are baptism by immersion and the Lord's Supper.
● We believe that the church exists to glorify God.
First Baptist Church of Saks fully complies with the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention.
Southern Baptist Convention
Since its organization in 1845 in Augusta, Georgia, the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) has grown to more than 16 million members who worship in more than 42,000 churches in the United States. Southern Baptists sponsor about 5,000 missionaries serving the United States, Canada, Guam and the Caribbean, as well as sponsoring more than 5,000 additional missionaries in 153 nations of the world.
Working through 1,200 local associations and 41 state conventions and fellowships, Southern Baptists share a common bond of basic biblical beliefs and a commitment to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to the entire world.
You become a Southern Baptist by uniting with a Southern Baptist church, one in friendly cooperation with the general Southern Baptist enterprise of reaching the world for Christ. Typically church membership is a matter of accepting Jesus as your Savior and Lord and experiencing believer's baptism by immersion.